Your cart is empty
Field Outrider Terms & Conditions
Field Outrider Creative Competition Full Terms & Conditions
1. ELIGIBILITYNo purchase necessary to enter. Purchase will not improve chances of winning. This Promotion is open to all legal residents of the 50 United States, D.C., and Canada who are at least eighteen (18) years old at time of entry, except employees of Sponsor, its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, dealers, sales representatives, distributors, advertising agencies, promotional and prize suppliers and the immediate families and household members of each. This Promotion shall only be construed and evaluated according to applicable state and federal law. Void outside the fifty (50) United States, D.C., and Canada, and where prohibited. Residents of Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska, North Dakota, and Vermont need to carefully review the respective state rules regarding Contests and entry fees prior to submission. If a resident from one of these states would like to submit to the Competition please contact Modern Huntsman® using the following email address for more details on submission methods; email@example.com. Residents of Quebec are not eligible to participate. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number and quality of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
2. HOW TO ENTER – To enter the Modern Huntsman® //Field Outrider//Creative Competition: During the Submission Period, upload your photo(s) to the Modern Huntsman Field Outrider entry page at https://www.modernhuntsman.com/field-outrider from your computer or mobile device and pay the fifteen ($15) dollar entry fee. The Submission Period begins October 7, 2020 and ends at 11:59PM on October 25, 2020 CST. (See Creative Rules and Judging Criteria, Voting, and Winner Selection below to make sure your image will be considered).
All images must be submitted via the URL by the end of the Submission Period in order to be considered.
By entering, you warrant that the photo or image of artistic work and the original artistic work, which is portrayed in the respective image, you submit is original and is your own, and does not infringe on the rights of any third party. You further warrant that your participation in this creative competition does not violate any agreement between you and a third party.
By entering the Creative Competition, you grant Modern Huntsman® the non-exclusive right to publish, use, distribute (including digital distribution through other third party brand partner websites or social media channels), reproduce and publicly display your photograph or artistic works, and to create derivative works from your photograph or artistic works, for a period of 12 months, in any of its online, print or other mediums, materials, products or exhibitions, only for promotional purposes respective to the Competition and Volume 6: Resilience publication both before, during, or after the start of the Competition and for a period of 12 months, including but not limited to for editorial, advertising, and publicity, without payment or compensation unless prohibited by law. Any other use of the photograph or artistic works for commercial purposes or further collaboration will require Modern Huntsman® to enter into a separate agreement. You grant Modern Huntsman® permission to provide your name, and your city and state of residence, when publishing, reproducing or otherwise using your photograph or artistic works and when identifying you as an entrant or prize winner in the Creative Competition. While Modern Huntsman® will make every effort to credit photographers and artists when using photos or images of artistic works, there may be circumstances where it is not possible to do so. Subject to the rights granted to Modern Huntsman®, you retain all other copyrights and rights to future use of the photographs or artistic works you enter into the Competition.
If your photograph(s) include a recognizable person or people, you must secure permission from each person (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s parent or guardian) to use his/her image in the Creative Competition, and present it to Modern Huntsman®, if requested. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an entry if it finds, in its sole discretion, that an entrant has not secured a necessary release.
Any photos or artistic works containing offensive content will not be eligible. All content must be appropriate for posting on a website that may be viewed by anyone. Obscene, provocative or otherwise questionable content will not be considered, and will result in disqualification of the image. Modern Huntsman® retains sole discretion to determine what constitutes inappropriate content.
Modern Huntsman® reserves the right to modify any photo or image of artistic works to fit spatial and branding requirements.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA, VOTING, & WINNER SELECTION
A. Submission Categories – The eight (8) categories eligible for submission, be judged according to the criteria, and from which a winner and runner up will be selected include:
Each submission is limited to five (5) total images per entrant whether that is five in one category or five across all categories.
The selection of these category winners will be the sole responsibility of representatives of Modern Huntsman® (the “Judges”). They will be selected from all eligible submissions by category. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: emotional impact (50%), artistic technique (5%), artistic quality (25%), originality (20%). The decision of the Judges and Modern Huntsman® are final and binding.
B. Submission Criteria
All images submitted must be two thousand five hundred (2,500) pixel on the long side and be tagged appropriately through the submission process with the respective category. Upon being selected as a Finalist, Modern Huntsman® will be contacted through an email and must respond to the finalist notification e-mail or phone call/message and will be required to provide high-resolution images as requested. If the Finalist either does not respond or does not provide the high-resolution images within forty-eight (48) hours from the time the email is sent by Modern Huntsman® then another winner and/or runner up will be selected.
B.1. Submission Criteria for Emerging Category
The entrant must be an amateur photographer, defined as someone who has not been paid previously on a commercial basis for photographic imagery or who has been paid but the first commercial payment was received less than twenty-four (24) months from the start of this Competition.
B.2. Submission Criteria for Art/Illustration Category
The entrant cannot submit photography to this category. The image submitted must be of an illustration, to include digital illustration, painting or collage.
C. Audience Choice Selection
In addition, there will be five (5) photos selected, exclusive of the category winner and runner up, by the Sponsor to be selected as a winner through a public vote.
D. Finalists – All submissions will be open for internal judging until 11:59 p.m. on October 25th, 2020 when forty (40) category Finalists, five (5) respective to each category, will be chosen by Judges from all eligible submissions. The selection of category finalists will be at the discretion of the Judges and will be displayed on a page associated with the Competition, https://www.modernhuntsman.com/field-outrider. The selection of the Audience Choice finalists will be at the discretion of Modern Huntsman® who will select the Audience Choice finalists on October 26, 2020. Category entrant’s images will be judged on the following criteria: emotional impact (50%), artistic technique (5%), artistic quality (25%), originality (20%), and community voting as applicable. All Category and Audience Choice Finalists will receive a copy of Volume 6: Resilience publication. The decisions of the Judges and Modern Huntsman® are final and binding.E. Selection of the Modern Huntsman® //Field Outrider// Creative Competition WinnersThe Modern Huntsman® //Field Outrider// Creative Competition category winners will be chosen by Judges voting and the image with the most votes will be recognized as the category winner in Western, Portraiture, Art/Illustration, Emerging, Pursuit, Wildlife, Wild Places, Harvest. The public will vote on the Audience Choice winner through Instagram. The five (5) Audience Choice finalists will be published on the Modern Huntsman® Instagram channel on 11:59PM on October 27th 2020 through an image carousel with each finalist image corresponding to a sequential numerical digit. The public will comment with the respective numerical digit they want to vote as the Winner of the Audience Choice until 11:59PM on October 29th 2020. The Sponsor will then tally the votes for each numerical digit and the image with the greatest number of votes will be declared the winner. There will only be 1 category winner and 2 runner ups per category of Western, Portraiture, Art/Illustration, Emerging, Pursuit, Wildlife, Wild Places, Harvest, as well as one Audience Choice winner. The entrants whose photos or artistic works are selected as the Modern Huntsman® //Field Outrider// Creative Competition Winners may have their photo or image of artistic works appear in Modern Huntsman® advertisements. The winners and runners ups from each category will be first released on the V6:Sustainability publication in print and then released digitally on the Modern Huntsman® website by 11:59PM on December 15th 2020.
4. PRIZES – Click to see https://www.modernhuntsman.com/field-outrider
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION / PRIZE RESTRICTIONS – By October 28th, 2020, winners will be notified by Modern Huntsman® using the e-mail address or phone number they provided with their entry. Prize must be claimed within seven (7) days. To claim a prize, Winner must respond to the prize notification e-mail or phone call/message and may be required to provide proof of identity, address and birth date and/or execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release. Prizes not claimed within seven (7) days will be forfeited. Sponsor will select alternate Winners for any unclaimed/forfeited prizes if a sufficient number of eligible and/or qualified entries remain. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. If an entrant changes his/her e-mail address or phone number after he/she enters the Competition, or any portion of this Promotion, it is his/her sole responsibility to notify Modern Huntsman® by e-mail notice to the email address listed below, to be received by the end of the Promotion Period. Winners are solely responsible for all costs, incidentals, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned as being included in the Prize. All federal, state and local taxes are sole responsibility winner. Prior to the Prizes being disseminated, the Winner and Runner Up, if a United States citizen, will be required to sign and return an IRS Form W-9. Prizes may not be returned or exchanged for cash. Prizes may not be transferred or substituted except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
6. WEB RESTRICTIONS
A. This Promotion is not open to competition associations or automated competition entry services. Any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and his or her Competition entry) who tampers with the entry or voting process. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Competition should fraud, virus, bug or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Competition. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Proof of entering information on Modern Huntsman®’s website is not considered proof of delivery or receipt by Modern Huntsman®. Modern Huntsman® reserves the right to exclude certain individuals from participating for reasons such as violation of the conditions of participation, duplicate participation, attempted manipulation of the Promotion or its voting processes, and reserves the right to take legal action.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS – All entrants agree that Modern Huntsman® will not, without permission or additional compensation, publish, display and otherwise use their name, likeness and submitted materials, if any, for promotional purposes other than those directly related to the Field Outrider Creative Competition. Entrants hereby declare that they agree to the collection of all data by Sponsor required for the implementation and administration of this competition and its storage for the entire duration of the competition. The data is stored by Google Drive, Dropbox, and Zppr. The data will be handled in confidence and not transmitted to a third party. All Entrants have the right to request information about the use of any personal data concerning them. Modern Huntsman® undertakes to supply them at any time upon request with full information on the stored data free of charge, if they are the subject of such information. Entrants are simply required to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All Entrants are also free to revoke their consent to the use and storage of their personal data by Sponsor, simply by sending an informal e-mail to email@example.com. The data can also be rectified in the same way. In case of revocation, the data shall be immediately deleted. The revocation and subsequent deletion will be confirmed by e-mail upon request. Should the revocation intervene prior to the end of the competition, all further participation in the Modern Huntsman® //Field Outrider// Creative Competition is excluded. This Promotion is not associated with Facebook or Instagram in any way whatsoever and is in no way Sponsored, supported or organized by Facebook or Instagram. Neither Facebook nor Instagram is responsible for any content published within the context of this action. It is not Facebook or Instagram, but Modern Huntsman®, who receives the information supplied by Entrants. The data supplied will be used for contact purposes in the event of a winner and for subscription to the Modern Huntsman® Newsletter as per explicit requests made at the time of registration. Sponsor holds Facebook and Instagram harmless from any recourse by third parties in connection with this Promotion. Any questions, comments or complaints against the action are not to be addressed to Facebook or Instagram, but to Sponsor by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Participation in this Promotion and/or entering the Modern Huntsman® //Field Outrider// Creative Competition is considered a complete release of Facebook and Instagram by each Entrant. Should any of the stipulations in the conditions of participation be or become invalid, the remaining conditions of participation shall continue to apply with full force and effect. In its place an appropriate provision shall enter into force, corresponding to the closest purpose of the ineffective provision.Modern Huntsman® reserves the right to cancel the Modern Huntsman® //Field Outrider// Creative Competition. Such cancellation can occur in situations, but is not limited to these situations, where the smooth running of the competition can no longer be guaranteed for technical or legal reasons.
8. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY – Sponsor shall not be responsible for: (1) misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, delayed, undelivered, damaged or illegible entries, and all such entries will be void; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; or (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; or (4) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. GOVERNING LAW – All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Texas without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the State of Texas.
10. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNERS LIST REQUESTS – For a copy of these Official Rules or a list of the names of the winners and runners up, send your written request to: Modern Huntsman Media LLC, at 106 N. Denton Tap Rd., Ste. 210-231, Coppell, TX 75019.