This is a recipe that was created by Danny Christensen from the hunt in the story Canadian Goose.
Click below to read the story.
2 pounds of goose breast
1 big white onion
½ supressa sausage
2 handfulls of mushrooms
1 handfull of fresh marjoram
48 oz of goose, duck or vegetable broth
1 good ale or stout beer
3 big spoons of butter
1 whole fennel
1 small red cabbage
4 branches of tarragon
1 branch of dill
salt and pepper
- Dice the goose breast 1" x 1" and brown the meat in a pan with 2 big spoons of butter over high heat.
- Roughly chop the onion and sausage and clean the mushrooms. Saute all three ingredients in a big pot over medium high heat in 1 big spoon of butter.
- Break the Marjoram over the pot and put it in.
- Add the broth and beer.
- Roughly chop fennel, celery, carrots, tomatoes and cabbage and add to the pot.
- Squeeze the half lemon into the pot.
- Add tarragon and chopped dill.
- Add the browned goose meat and all the nice juices.
- Turn heat down to medium and let it simmer for 3-8 hours and remember to stir.
- Add salt and pepper after taste.